It might sound odd to say, but we are already busy planning for our incoming students in the 2019-2020 school year. Grade Eight Day is just around the corner (Nov. 9), and our annual Dessert Information Night for new families occurs the next week (Nov. 15). If you (ie. younger sibling) or someone you know (ie. friend, relative, neighbour) is interested in learning more about enrolment at London Christian High, these are two dates to put on your calendar. You are, of course, welcome to come and visit anytime, but here are a few good things to know about enrolment at our school:
- Grade Eight Day (Nov. 9) is primarily for grade eight students, although we also invite parents to come along for their very own parent program during the day. Lunch is provided for both groups, and usually we host about 100 students and 25+ parents. In addition to current grade eight students and their parents, we also welcome students in other grades currently pursuing other educational opportunities (ie. home school families) to join us if they would like. In other words, if you would like to come, please let us know, we would love to see you there!
- The Dessert Evening (Nov. 15) is designed for students and parents who perhaps cannot make it during the day to Grade Eight Day but can make it at night. The format is a little bit different, so even if you came to Grade Eight Day, you will learn some new things if you attend both events.
- Bursaries are available to any family that applies and are granted based on financial need. Depending on your financial circumstances, you could be eligible to receive up to a 50% reduction on your tuition. The application process is completely confidential, and you can apply anytime. Usually, you will hear from us within a few days about what we can offer you.
- Transportation is included in tuition, and we have a network of buses that travel across an enormous geographical area to get to our school. Chances are there is a bus that is already traveling close to you!
- Tuition for the coming school year is set each spring at our fall community meeting, but for reference, you can check out our current rates to get a sense for how our tuition model works. The link to the current rates can be found by clicking here.